An Expected End

 

It seems odd to consider, and even odder to say, but discovering that I am not my body or my thoughts has done more to yield joy than any other discovery. Before, I was so incredibly involved in the story of me that I forgot who I Am. The biggest difference is that looking at my story as a performance allows me to take things in stride when they don’t go the way I’d planned.

If you could see your own world and story, as it appears from a spiritual point of view, you’d see yourself as one of the many characters in a very interesting drama. It would not be unlike watching ants in a scientific ant-farm; running around, digging tunnels, trying to find food and getting rest on occasion. From “I Am”, you appear interesting. Whenever you feel you have finally come upon a challenge too great, “I Am” watches intently. “I Am” wants what you want. “I Am” wants you to make it and grow stronger with each challenge.

If this analogy seems unrealistic, it may be that you are not considering the way it appears to “I Am”. However, if you will listen to your own words, you will hear The “I Am” describing the drama. “I Am facing an incredible challenge.” You might hear yourself say, and in those words, the mystery is solved: “I Am” is seeing everything from your point of view, allowing your own, perceived limitations to dictate the outcome, but truly wanting the best for you.

Ancient scripture also gives us the clues:

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” ~ Jerimiah 29:11 KJV

As you discover this truth for yourself, you realize these words were meant for you.

Where do you find this mysterious “I Am”?

Within.

It is a fine distinction, but “I Am” is not yourself; it is “Within” “I Am” that you have being.

“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” ~ John 15:4-5 KJV

What happens when an actor awakens to the role?

“At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.” ~ John 14:20

The mysterious, alternating “I” is what you are in and what is in you. The only separation occurs when the “I” assumes roles in stories and becomes himself, herself, itself and themselves. From the point of each self, “I” never changes, but gives names and labels to All “I” becomes.

From one point of view, “I” will say, “I Am George.” And from another point of view, “I” will say, “I Am Amy.” Within George and within Amy, “I” assumes the roles accordingly and George and Amy may even realize that this same Observer connects them and makes them One on a spiritual level. In so many words, they may even say, “What is in me, is in you and it makes us one.” But they are more likely to say, “I Love you.” Which is the same thing.

 

“And the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh.” ~ Mark 10:8 KJV

Whether it becomes apparent or not, the discovery of the “I” within is typically labeled as “Love” and the sharing of this deep feeling often results in the awareness of Oneness.

“A new commandment I give unto you: “Love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” ~ John 13:34

This could be translated as, “Become aware of I in you and how I Love you so that you may Love each other.” MCV

 

Comments

Popular Posts