Draw

 

I want to draw your attention to a word: DRAW

I touched on it in the last essay. I saw it then, but didn’t want to take on the subject there; it would have been very distracting.

I said, “Awareness doesn’t come with an eraser; it comes with a pencil.”

While that’s kind of cute, I don’t want to get hung up on a quote; I’d much rather consider what the implications are; what it points to.

As I have become increasingly aware, I’ve found more joy. It is really that simple. And what I used to refer to as manifesting, is less mysterious and unusual now. I suppose I was looking for a way to gain or get ahead. I wanted things. I wanted comforts and riches. I didn’t really accomplish all of my original goals, but I found myself feeling as accomplished as I had ever hoped to be. While this was happening, I would still look in the mirror each day and I would notice how entropy was still affecting me. The arrow of time was obviously traveling to its conclusion. My physical body kept getting older.

I began to ponder about this situation, “If I am becoming more and more aware, or enlightened, why is my body still determined to dissolve?”

Decay and death are not the same thing.

I’ve restored a lot of old cars in my lifetime. Once, an old friend came by my office and I learned that his father, Howard Croker, had left him an old Cadillac. “It’s just sitting on my carport, rusting away.” Said Don, Mr. Croker’s son.

“I want to buy it.” I blurted out.

I eventually made an offer and we eventually settled on a price and I did buy the old, rusting Cadillac. It didn’t run, so I took it to the shop and the mechanics ordered parts and changed the fuel and it started right up. I had the dry-rotted tires taken off and had new ones put on. I took it to the paint shop and I had them sand the paint down to the metal and they primed it and painted it. I went to an upholstery shop and had the carpet replaced and they installed a new, padded, vinyl top.

By the time I finished, the restoration made the old car look new again.

My point: an inward focus would not have done much for the future of that old car. Yes, there was some rust, but I looked outward and found a body panel without rust and I replaced the rusty one with that one. I looked outwardly for a mechanic shop, then outwardly for a body shop, a tire shop and an upholstery shop.

An inward look at my own body does very little to change entropy. But an outward look is limitless. There are plenty of observations I could be making. I could see flowers, birds and babies. I could walk beside springs and consider the water as it swirls around a fallen limb. My senses are interesting gateways between the inner and outer experiences. I sense some inner pain and I sense some outer joy.

My awareness of my inner and outer isness does not erase any pain or discomfort, but it draws outer potentiality. When I saw “draw”, I am using the term in several ways. I am right back to manifesting in one way. Imagine the power of a pencil on a white canvas. You can draw anything you could think of. This is creative and it may be a way of dreaming, but what it actually reveals is true potential. If you draw a new Cadillac, it may not appear in your driveway, but if it can be drawn, it does exist and if it exists, it can be drawn; and in the latter example, I am referring to the magnetic draw of beliefs.

I never would have restored that old car if I had not been able to imagine the potential and once I imagined the potential, I knew it was possible. After I drew the potential, I began to believe and then it was accomplished.

We are drawers. When we use that term, we might mean a number of things. We could mean that we draw drawings, but we could mean that we are a place where something is stored and hidden out of sight and we could be talking about articles of clothing we cover up with outer layers. We could also mean that we are horses or mules and we pull something; like a horse-drawn carriage. I mean all of the above.

Enlightenment is a pencil without an eraser, a place where our valuable beliefs are held and kept safe, what we are beneath the layers we show and what we bring into our lives: All of which are examples of drawers.

“Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to thee.”

You might look at me and say, “Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with and this well is deep.”

And I would simply say, “The water that I shall give shall be a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Now Draw

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts