I Believe In Ghosts

 



Do I believe in ghosts? That’s a good question.

What is a ghost? The context is imperative, but in early Christian writings, it had to do with a disembodied person. The origin of the word seems to stem from a similar PIE [Proto-Indo-European] which meant “excitement.” I think very early Europeans may have used some variation of the word to denote excitement, thrill, or anxiety.

I have never been able to write this out in a way that makes sense, but I do wonder why we’d ever have trouble believing the soul of a person is not a part of their physical person. Being older, I am at a place where I can look at a picture of myself from decades ago, and compare that to the image in the mirror, and I see two distinct people. In that respect, it is easy for me to believe my soul has made the journey from a child to an old man, without the slightest inconvenience from it. I am borrowing that phrasing from Twain, as it was a part of his answer when asked about death:

 

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” ~ Mark Twain

 

Twain had the most brilliant and logical mind in literature during his time. Before I had read his reply, many years ago, it had never occurred to me that what we were referring to as death was identical, in every way, to the whereabouts of our soul before birth.

The logic is palpable and almost startling if you think about it. However, I often associate my soul with my thoughts, and I am almost persuaded to depart from Twain here. Since I cannot remember being dead for billions and billions of years, I find it easy to question whether or not we have the right person when I say that I was dead.

And then comes the mystery that Anil Seth brings up: the absence of any experience under anesthesia. Seth points out that this is the kind of non-existence we experienced before we were born. Without the observer there to think, nothing can be measured. There is no pain. There is no suffering of any kind. There isn’t even any time. I have been thus suspended on many occasions, and yes, it feels as though my eyes close and are instantly reopened. When I hear that I have been out for hours, it is confusing.

To Seth, this may be a good way to prove that thinking is the one aspect that provides us with the experience of being human. To me, on the other hand, it says that I do not need a biological object in order to survive. Having been anesthetized, I have always reentered my body as soon as it was alive enough to host me.

The difference is subtle, but the fact that I do not disappear or dissolve when my thoughts cease tells me that I was somewhere, rather than nowhere, as Seth would insist. We have to back into this, but to say that we do not exist during sleep induced by anesthesia would negate our ability to return upon awakening. It poses a newer and harder problem for consciousness; that stubborn condition which always seems to arise out of nothing.

What resumes if nothing exists?

The separation of the ghost from the body is to bankrupt the body of all measuring, but a tripped breaker changes nothing about the power available in the grid.

When you have a television, you have current and signal. If the breaker trips, the current to the television is cut off, and as someone watching, you would witness the end of the excited circuitry. What may not occur to you in that moment is that the broadcast was not affected, and even the power is still being generated. Being a witness to the loss of current, it is easy to imagine the signal and the current were one event. However, if you will overthink this as I do, it is not hard to accept the fact that the signal is perfectly alright; it’s just that a lifeless TV cannot process it.

Anesthesia and/or death are just two ways a body might be unplugged. Seeing the evidence of the reentry of the soul is pure proof that the ghost was unharmed while out of the body.

If I was a ghost while I was out, then why can’t I remember it?

Memory requires measurement. Thoughts are the devices needed in order to remember.

So what is the ghost comprised of, and why do I care?

The ghost is environment. When you die, imagine the ghost standing by with jumper cables; those cables could be used to animate a termite, and the termite will tune into the termite signal, indicated on the dial by its DNA.

What about you, your persona, your thoughts, fears, memories? All stored.

The accumulation of knowledge is a clue. In the 1920s, someone, somewhere was building a car with four wheels and a steering wheel. The car even had brakes and an accelerator pedal. Within 100 years, knowledge about building cars accumulated in layers that made new cars go faster and ride smoother, with better odds of going longer distances with greater comforts.

So?

This is evidence of accumulation.

It is evolution.

It is memory.

Who you are, what you’ve done, what you’ve seen, what you’ve built, who you cared about, who cared about you: all perfectly stored in Akasha.

Yes, it is true that the termite, who is then using your current, will have no memory of you; but here we are, trying to sync the outlet with the device again. If the television is unplugged and a toaster is plugged in to the same outlet, would you expect entertainment from the toaster?

And you are not going to awaken in another life, suddenly acquiring a taste for wood.

You will enter Akasha, with no loss of identity, but with no boundary between yourself and others. There is, and always was, only One Conscious System.

The reason why the Grand Canyon will inspire awe in you the next time you see it for the first time is that you’d want to forget having seen it. This forgetting was the idea from the beginning.

Who wouldn’t want to forget a first kiss in order to experience the first time again?

Consciousness could never forget being you, and all that goes with it, but to preserve each experience, Consciousness always pours new wine into new skins.

Imagine the metaphor, and consider what would happen if you wasted a signal on a deceased body? The body can’t handle the signal, so both are lost. With each birth, the new wine of Life is poured in, and everything about this new story is preserved.

Preserved where? Akasha.

 A = All

 K = Knowledge

 A = Always

 S = Stored

 H = Hymeneally

 A = Aware

 Instead of ceasing to exist, we are irrevocably bound to that which gave rise to our character in the play. We are the Actor, playing all of the parts, forever.

You owe your awakening from anesthesia to the Source of your persona, and you owe gratitude to your host for allowing you back in.

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. ~ Isaiah 6:3 KJV

 The Lord is the Actor, and of all of the hosts, you are one.

So who am I? I am one too, and this is just my way of crying to another.

Comments

Popular Posts